1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One of my babies has a funny foot :-(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nikki509, Mar 25, 2015.

1. nikki509

nikki509 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2015
    Hi! I have a question about one of my 1 week old pullets...2 days ago I watched her stretch her right leg and Wing (so cute) but when she stretched her left leg and wing she fell over! At first I kind of laughed... but then she did it again later that day. Hmmm... so I really have been watching her. She is eating and drinking perfectly fine, but when her sisters are frolicking about, this one is content to lay down and watch. I HAVE seen her be active... but mostly she is happy just sitting. I gently pulled her out this morning to hold her and inspect her feet, and noticed her right foot it slightly smaller than her left.
    Is this normal? Or something she will grow out of? I hate to think this may be a deal-breaker for her well being...

2. wyandottegirl

wyandottegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2014
    Vancouver Island, BC
    My chicks do this all the time. They will stretch out their wing and foot and just fall over! They are all perfectly fine though and are all very healthy. I would keep watching her and see what the other members say.

3. Julia62

Julia62 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2014
    Reno, NV
    Mine stretch too (I was also a tad concerned at first) and can be wobbly when doing so but then take off as usual. Mine are one week old today!

4. pmcont3

pmcont3 Out Of The Brooder

Is the foot just smaller, or does the toes clutch together (club foot)

5. nikki509

Mar 22, 2015
    Hi,
    Her foot is exactly like the left one, but the toes are a tiny bit shorter, making her foot look smaller. Her legs are equal.

6. nikki509

Mar 22, 2015
    Definitely not a club foot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by