one of my birds died

alisa53

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 9, 2014
Hi, folks. We are somewhat new to guineas and to poultry in general. We have 13 adult birds, four juveniles and five keets now about 8 weeks old.

One of my adult male birds seemed to grow a bit weak and distant over the last couple of days. He seemed to separate from the flock and looked weak, but was alert and able to move around. This morning I found him dead. I did some reading online and don't see a ready explanation for this loss. I am, of course, concerned about my other birds, but everybody else seems fine. My birds have some natural browse, but eat Layena Crumbles to supplement, as well as scratch grains.

Can anyone fill me in on what might have caused this?

Hi, folks. We are somewhat new to guineas and to poultry in general. We have 13 adult birds, four juveniles and five keets now about 8 weeks old.

One of my adult male birds seemed to grow a bit weak and distant over the last couple of days. He seemed to separate from the flock and looked weak, but was alert and able to move around. This morning I found him dead. I did some reading online and don't see a ready explanation for this loss. I am, of course, concerned about my other birds, but everybody else seems fine. My birds have some natural browse, but eat Layena Crumbles to supplement, as well as scratch grains.

Can anyone fill me in on what might have caused this?

So sorry for your loss. Do you know how old the adult birds are?

Yes - purchased them in two waves - one group is probably 18 months and the other now about 14 months. Young birds, all - and I'm not really sure which group this adult male belonged to.

Back
Top Bottom