One of my chickens disappeared :(

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ScotianChick, Aug 7, 2011.

1. ScotianChick

ScotianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    It's been a bad week and a half [​IMG] My favourite chicken, BB was hit by a car and now one of my SLWs is missing. She just up and disappeared the other day and never came back. I noticed we had been lacking in eggs but I related it to stress over the rooster + new pecking order. We had one dead chicken, two broody and two who were stressed with the rooster. But I think Arlene laid all of hers in the woods somewhere and decided to brood on them. I have looked all over my property and can't find her or her eggs. Do you think she has been eaten? Will she come back? [​IMG]

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Oh, I'm so sorry![​IMG]. I hope your favorite chicken comes back.

3. joskt0204

joskt0204 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    east TN
    I hope she comes back.

My girls have been wandering for the last week. I found one in the neighborhood behind our farm, in a fence with two (luckily not aggressive) dogs. I found one in my horse pasture after I had given her up for dead. The third one was just roosting in a tree right by the coop- I just now figured that one out.

Anyway, I hope your chicken resurfaces. I know it's stressful worrying about where they may be and what might be happening to them.

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] i hope she comes home [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by