One of my chicks in egg due to hatch soon is TINY!? Will it hatch?

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
It's moving around all over the place but it's so tiny. Is that normal or will it not be able to hatch out of the egg because of it's size? Has anyone else had this happen? It's only filling like not even half of the shell where the others I have a hard time seeing into they are so dark...filled with chicks.

It's the chick for sure. I had it set on cardboard In a hole I made and watched for several minutes because I thought maybe it was me moving it also but it was moving all over the place in there and I can see what looks like a foot in there. I'm going to check it again tomorrow night to see if there is any growth.

have no fear. I had one of those timy eggs. It was a cuckoo marans. I almost didnt put it in to incubate but decided to just see. It not only made it but what a attitude. She was so timy i had to crunch up the chick starter smaller like for a bantom. She is three weeks old now and growing with timy little features but she rules the brooder. She was so cute

The egg isn't tiny it's regular sized but the chick inside is tiny when I candle it. I just am hoping it can break though that shell all the way. Maybe it got a slow start or something and it will hatch later. I will just keep an eye on it. If it's weak it will most likely die in egg before hatch day right?

oh ok misunderstood you you are right all you can do is wait and you may be right it may be a day or two behind the others. keep us posted would like to know the end results,

Back
Top Bottom