One of my Coturnix Chicks just Crowed!!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by monarc23, Dec 19, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Which ever one did it, for crowing for the first time did a great job! [​IMG] I'm excited about it now....I'm sure I won't be when they all start up [​IMG] LOL! Theres only one I know for sure is a male, and only one i know for sure is a hen, theres 5 others I have no clue who they are and I didn't see who crowed! LOL!

I have a new perception on what it sounds like though!!! It sounds like someone stepping on something wet, like a bag with some water and air in it that "splurt" noise ha ha!!!!

By the way, they are 3 weeks and 4 days old! [​IMG] Those early bloomers! [​IMG] Maybe I'll have eggs by christmas! LOL!

niki

edited because I typed 3 weeks and 1 day old instead of what they truely are 3 weeks and 4 days old haha *brain fart*

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Woot!!! Though I don't envy you when they all start crowing! [​IMG] Yay baby quail!
    -Spooky

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Ha ha yes I'll be begging them to shut up im sure! No more crows again today, I can't wait until my hubby and mom hear them. [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Wow, I really hope you have mostly girls!! My A&M's are so annoying that my 4-year-old has said we should cook them for dinner! Now THAT'S bad!! [​IMG]

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:haha yes I'd say that is bad! Thanks for hoping I have mostly girls, I hope so too! The only one in there I WANT to be a male is my A & M chick....my A & M male I bought from the breeder kicked the bucket soon after I got him, he was really skinny, but he was the only A & M male of hers I could find lol! ANYWHOOO, I really want this A & M to be a male....but ofcourse, im sure just because i WANT it to be a male it'll turn out to be a hen ha ha. NO biggie really though, i'd just have to breed for an A & M male, or go back to the breeder, OR order some A & M eggs if it turns out to be a hen...HOWEVER, it looks like a male lol, not as big breasted and henny looking.

All the others can be hens...lol. The brown male, dunno where he's going...I don't want him. lol.

I'm sure i'll be announcing my chick sex stats soon. [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:haha yes I'd say that is bad! Thanks for hoping I have mostly girls, I hope so too! The only one in there I WANT to be a male is my A & M chick....my A & M male I bought from the breeder kicked the bucket soon after I got him, he was really skinny, but he was the only A & M male of hers I could find lol! ANYWHOOO, I really want this A & M to be a male....but ofcourse, im sure just because i WANT it to be a male it'll turn out to be a hen ha ha. NO biggie really though, i'd just have to breed for an A & M male, or go back to the breeder, OR order some A & M eggs if it turns out to be a hen...HOWEVER, it looks like a male lol, not as big breasted and henny looking.

All the others can be hens...lol. The brown male, dunno where he's going...I don't want him. lol.

OR you could come visit me and let me have it, if it's a female!! OR you could take one of MY males!! PLEASE???? Any chance you plan on coming to KY anytime soon?? [​IMG]

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania

OR you could come visit me and let me have it, if it's a female!! OR you could take one of MY males!! PLEASE???? Any chance you plan on coming to KY anytime soon?? [​IMG]

LOL I so would if I was traveling through!!! Seriously! LOL! WHY can't we be closer darn it! [​IMG] Quail swappin! LOL! I'd totally swap you an A &M hen for an A &M male lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by