One of my ducks laid an egg - but who?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by donnavee, Jan 19, 2011.

1. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    I was out in the duck run this morning and happend to notice a depression in the dirt in one corner of the run - with a perfect little egg. It felt cold so I don't think it was laid this morning. These are our first ducks, 3 gray calls and 2 BEIs, and all are girls except for one call drake. I wasn't expecting eggs until Spring. It is sort of a light, putty color? Does anyone know if it would be from the call ducks or the BEIs? I did see one of the BEI's sitting in the "nest" later in the day, but no egg was laid. The call drake is only mating with the call girls, he doesn't seem to like the BEI gals.

2. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    :cool:You could stand them at attention and say ,"all right ladies,fess up, whoooooooo laid this egg, tell me now or no peas!!!!!!!!!!"

3. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

best of luck.. I have 6 girls and 3 drakes... I dont know whos the daddy or who's the mommy...

But Ive got some CUTE babies... at least I know that some are rouen crosses, black sweedish crosses, and welsh harlequin crosses.

4. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:I tried that, no one is talking, just quacking and I don't speak the language. Working on it though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by