One of my ducks was killed!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by agregg15, Jun 7, 2011.

1. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    Okay well when I went out to let the ducks out this morning 3 of my mallards were out. I thought that that was odd so I opened up the coop and 2 ducks came flying out. I saw blood and started to freak out and then saw one of my females dead. It doesn't look like anything was eaten. I think it was a racoon because something was able to open up the coop door. I wasn't able to get a good look either because I had to leave for school. I just feel horrible because I feel like I could've done more for them. Then the two that were in their with that one must be traumatized and there is still blood in the coop which means that they probably won't go back in it for a while even after I clean it out. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    There is a thread that has popped up with a raccoon recipe deterrent... check it out...
    PM me if you can't find it and I will see if I can locate it for you.

3. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Sorry to hear about your duck...I love mallards...

4. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I'm so sorry. What a terrible thing to come out to first thing.

5. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    I miscounted. It got 2 ducks (Quackers and Duckie.) It didn't even eat Quakers, it just left him. I'm getting a have-a-heart trap and see what's next to come (probably one less 'coon in the world.)[​IMG]
    RIP Duckie and Quakers~When I find that 'coon...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by