One of my favorite chicken recipes!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Anguissette, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Anguissette

Anguissette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
  2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. (not for the calorie-conscious, however, yikes!)

3. Anguissette

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Nope, but it is SUPER low-carb! [​IMG]

4. MooseHillFarm

MooseHillFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Connecticut
    this looks and sounds so good I bought all the ingredients for tonight. accidently got light cream instead of heavy whipping cream. hope it doesn't matter. if it turns out well, may just try it again with 2% milk.

5. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Light cream will work perfectly well in that dish. Enjoy!

6. UrbanChick101

UrbanChick101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern Iowa
    I have tried a recipe so similar to this that is excellent!! Season the chicken with Mccormick Montreal Steak Seasoning, and add a can of tomato sauce and some fresh parsley/basil ~ its really YummY!!! My kids and my husband really love it!!

7. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    That does sound/look good, and so does the Montreal Steak seasoning variation. Thanks for the idea, UrbanChick - we like Montreal seasoning.

Quote:Light cream will work perfectly well in that dish. Enjoy!

Agreed, I often substitute half & half or even milk for heavy cream in recipes. Helps a lot on the calories but you still get to induge in a rich saucy dish.

The recipe is very close to a Chicken a la King. You might try it as well. Shown here served over toast, but we like it on rice or noodles as well.:

http://www.millriverfarm.com/recipe.cfm?id=444&catname=Poultry and Game

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  8. Anguissette

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Quote:Let us know how it turned out!

I don't worry about the calories in it since I have been low carbing. Also the reason I can't put it over toast, rice or noodles.....although I bet that would be terrific!

9. MooseHillFarm

MooseHillFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Connecticut
    Quote:Let us know how it turned out!

I don't worry about the calories in it since I have been low carbing. Also the reason I can't put it over toast, rice or noodles.....although I bet that would be terrific!

It was rich and delicious! I used more chicken than the recipe called for so we had plenty of leftovers. The second night I goosed the sauce with a little more cream, and served it over linguine, with fresh parsley on top. Fantastic, and of course not low carb or low cal in any way! Husband loved it and asked for more mushrooms the next time. So, I'm going to try it next with milk instead of cream, and double the mushrooms.

10. Anguissette

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    I'm having it tonight with some bacon wrapped asparagus....Mmmmmmm

I think I will do as you mentioned Moose and double the mushrooms!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by