One of my Few Week old chicks has blood in her poop

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickychick3356, Feb 17, 2016.

1. chickychick3356

chickychick3356 New Egg

Feb 17, 2016
    Stuart,FL
    One of my chicks has blood (spotty) and it looks like worms in her poop

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    How old are your chicks? It would be unusual for chicks to have worms, but not impossible, i suppose. It certainly sounds like worms, but bloody poop can also mean Coccidiosis. Many vets will do a fecal float for you at minimal cost, and that would be where I would start. Don't delay, though.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. chickychick3356

chickychick3356 New Egg

Feb 17, 2016
    Stuart,FL
    My chicks are 2-3 weeks old

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    A vet can determine if your chick has worms, coccidiosis or other concerns. He can also give you the proper treatment. If one chick has a problem - generally all are treated so they don't infect or reinfect each other.

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

8. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    My baby chick is only about a week and a half old and has blood in her poo and sounds like it really hurts! She is peeping really loud and fast and takes forever to get her poo out! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ! she is one of my new chickies and I cannot have her die my grown chickens have recently died from a coon and something else. I only have two left someone please help

9. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Try some medicated chick starter. Or Amprolium in the water. She might have coccidiosis. All the chicks can have the feed. If that is what it is, you should see improvement fairly quickly.

10. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    we are giving them medicated chick starter/ grower but the medicine or what ever is in it in pellets not crumbles so and they cant eat the pellets they are way to little

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by