one of my pilgrim geese has one thigh bigger than the other

Dooks and Geebs

Hatching
Aug 9, 2020
ok so anyone with Pilgrim geese knows they have these adorable big thighs. I have 3 pilgrims, and one of my females has one thigh big and one thigh much smaller, I wonder if it's going to be a problem? They are 5 months old right now. Her bigger thigh (right side) doesnt seem much bigger than normal, but the little one is barely there. Otherwise she looks and acts just fine.

oldhenlikesdogs

Good Grief
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Jul 16, 2015
Wisconsin
Can you share a picture? Is it the actual thigh bone? Or the paunch that hang down underneath. Some can have one, some two, some don't have any.

Dooks and Geebs

Hatching
Aug 9, 2020
Thank you so much, yes I think it's the "paunch" because I felt around and nothing seems different except the soft part that hangs down (didn't know I could call it paunch, that's cute) Great to know it's just something normal! My other 2 geese each have 2 paunches so I thought it was odd that this little girl only has one. It just looks funny, like a lop-sided butt.

Attachments

oldhenlikesdogs

Good Grief
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Jul 16, 2015
Wisconsin
I think they are for fat storage. I know I had to ask about them last year with my first geese. I have a couple of lopsided geese too. :)

Top Bottom