One of my Silkie Hens laid her first egg!

Fox

Songster
11 Years
Nov 4, 2008
South Carolina
I hatched this little one myself, so I'm so proud she is now laying... something special about it!

I thought I only had one hen, but now I'm pretty sure that two are hens. It's just that one came from a different line, so she has a tiny comb, while the others is pretty much invisible. I figured any comb meant rooster, but looks like that's not the case! Anyway... I knew you would all understand the joy of it, so I wanted to share!

We also have Golden Comets and one RIR, and they've been laying since they were about 4-1/2 months old. My Silkies will be 6 months on the 5th of this month. The Comet/RIR eggs are big and brown, the Silkies are creamy colored and small.
smile.png
Too cute!

could you post a pic of it?..i'd like to see a silkie egg please...and...
ya.gif
...congrats! on the egg!!!

wee.gif
Congratulations!!!!! I am still waiting for my first silkie egg. I have EE's the same age and finally got my first green eggs this week!!!!! Very eggciting!!!

Here is a picture of it...

silkieegg.jpg

And here it is compared to the Comet's egg

cometandsilkieegg.jpg

It's actually quite a bit smaller than the Comet egg. You would need to use two Silkie eggs for 1 regular sized egg in a recipe.

The egg is cream colored, not white really, but cream. I thought it was actually a nice size egg for her first one!

Back
Top Bottom