One of the wings of my duck has fallen

Mhds

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2019
sorry of my bad english
i have a famele black swedish duck .she has a year and half. last night she was ok but today one of her wings has fallen and i notice some yellow thing stick on his back skin. she drinking and eating well but walking so hard
anyone can help?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_۲۰۱۹۱۲۱۸-۲۰۰۵۳۴.jpg
    Screenshot_۲۰۱۹۱۲۱۸-۲۰۰۵۳۴.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 25
Can you please look around these »yellow things« and check if she has an injury?
@Miss Lydia @WVduckchick can angel-wing occur in a 1½ year old duck?
This looks like an injury to me.
How do you keep your ducks?
Are they safely locked away overnight?
Can a predator (bird of prey) have attacked her?

Looks like an injury. Did you look under the wing too? Put antibiotic ointment, or fist aid creme on the injury. After you check the wing over better, you might want to secure it to the duck's body with vet wrap for a few days, then recheck it, and rewrap it.
This is a good visual link for wrapping the wing. Remember not to get it too tight.
https://www.gardenbetty.com/chicken-first-aid-how-to-wrap-a-sprained-wing/

Can you please look around these »yellow things« and check if she has an injury?
@Miss Lydia @WVduckchick can angel-wing occur in a 1½ year old duck?
This looks like an injury to me.
How do you keep your ducks?
Are they safely locked away overnight?
Can a predator (bird of prey) have attacked her?
they are living in our garden there is not predator here but two cats sometimes comes here

Looks like an injury. Did you look under the wing too? Put antibiotic ointment, or fist aid creme on the injury. After you check the wing over better, you might want to secure it to the duck's body with vet wrap for a few days, then recheck it, and rewrap it.
This is a good visual link for wrapping the wing. Remember not to get it too tight.
https://www.gardenbetty.com/chicken-first-aid-how-to-wrap-a-sprained-wing/
i didnt look under her wing i was concerned that its made pain for her i have not antibiotic here its night and petshop is closed. if her wing has broken movments wont make worse it?

Back
Top Bottom