One out of six of my baby chicks won't stop chirping

I got four that all sounded like they were screaming, within hours 3 died, and the 4th only made it through the night. I got two replacements the same day from another supply store to keep the one that made it through the night company, they their calling had a completely different quality. A week later we got two babies to replace some of the ones that died, and one had that same desperate sound that the ones that died had. I was really worried about it, but it lived. It called constantly, no matter what for about 5 days. Even in it's sleep it sounded frantic, and then it just stopped, and started making the soft little calls the other chicks make. I don't know if it just liked to complain or had something like chick colic. So it could be a bad sign, or nothing to worry about at all.

One of my chicks are chirping really loud. He is very naughty they’re a week old. When I open the brooder and put my hand in he gets quiet and bites my arm haha but isn’t scared. Why’s he even chirping loudly. There’s only one and he’s cheeky. It’s not too hot and not too cold the rest just look at him when he’s chirping and like I said when I open the brooder he gets quiet. It’s only once in a while he chirps loudly and she jumps on the other birds and messes around and I’m guessing it’s a boy too hahaha

Ah, some are like that. They all have their own little personalities just like people! Lol
Ever met a person who just couldn’t control their mouth? Lol
Spend a weekend in New York City. Lol
Regarding chirping constantly: My Chicks are 5 weeks old and healthy and normal as can be. Not too chirpy unless something is curious to them, or they need to get one anothers attention. Its a brief sound and we all carry on. Well, something changed today: For the past 3 days I have taken them outside for 5 hrs at a time, and bring them in at night, all is well. I watch them the entire time while outside. Well, today after bringing them in, ALL the chirping started. ALL kinds of language constantly! It has been 2 hrs now, and I still hear all the random language nonstop. I have witnessed all of them, and they all appear to be acting like chickens, eating and drinking and moving around fine when I go in the brooder. I guess I'm concerned, and curious if this is common? Do you think they are acting like this because they know how outside is and now want OUT of the brooder, or, ? I have no idea. Hopefully they will all be normal tomorrow. Sidenote, when I put them back in brooder, everything was put away opposite, like the food and water were on the other side of the playpen brooder I have. Could they have been mixed up and stressed about the rearranging? Thanks to anyone who read this and has some insight. First timer here, and I'm tryin' my best, but boy oh boy these 6 black sex links keep me busy!!
🐥 ❤️

Regarding chirping constantly: My Chicks are 5 weeks old and healthy and normal as can be. Not too chirpy unless something is curious to them, or they need to get one anothers attention. Its a brief sound and we all carry on. Well, something changed today: For the past 3 days I have taken them outside for 5 hrs at a time, and bring them in at night, all is well. I watch them the entire time while outside. Well, today after bringing them in, ALL the chirping started. ALL kinds of language constantly! It has been 2 hrs now, and I still hear all the random language nonstop. I have witnessed all of them, and they all appear to be acting like chickens, eating and drinking and moving around fine when I go in the brooder. I guess I'm concerned, and curious if this is common? Do you think they are acting like this because they know how outside is and now want OUT of the brooder, or, ? I have no idea. Hopefully they will all be normal tomorrow. Sidenote, when I put them back in brooder, everything was put away opposite, like the food and water were on the other side of the playpen brooder I have. Could they have been mixed up and stressed about the rearranging? Thanks to anyone who read this and has some insight. First timer here, and I'm tryin' my best, but boy oh boy these 6 black sex links keep me busy!!
🐥 ❤️
I had one like that lol. After he got a taste of being outside he thought he needed to be 24/7. We took him to the coop & he stopped screaming & has been fine ever since. He was about 4 1/2 - 5 weeks

Back
Top Bottom