One puppy, two chickens and 6 eggs

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Nov 14, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    meet with me in the middle and all survived.
    I was coming back from my afternoon egg collection with six eggs nestled in my arms. I let Jax (7 mo. old GSD) run around in the yard while I was gone to the coop. When I got back to the kitchen door I hollered for Jax, c'mon Jax! Problem is, my hens know the word "c'mon" and two of them, Lilith and Lil'Bit, slipped thru the gate and came running too.
    Jax is trained to leave the chickens alone, but he can't help sniffing around them to see if they've left him any tasty treats. The hens freak out and run between my legs and Jax follows to sniff their behinds harder [​IMG] . I'm just trying to not drop the eggs.
    Managed to shift the eggs to one arm, grab Jax's collar with my free hand and shoo the hens back through the gate without cracking a single egg all at the same time.
    Oh yeah, I've got this farm multi-tasking down to a science. [​IMG] Just in time before we get the new pup. [​IMG]

2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Oh I wish I lived closer I would be RICH from filming for Americas Funniest Videos, and with 2 dogs were going to the finals. [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yeah and I left out the part about still being in my bright pink and blue eeyore PJs cuz I saw no reason to get dressed today. [​IMG]

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Sounds like you were busy. Also [​IMG] and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by