One Week old chick acting different

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AshleyLisa93, Jul 27, 2014.

1. AshleyLisa93

AshleyLisa93 Hatching

Jul 23, 2014
    Southern Illinois
    I have a Golden laced polish. He is a week old tomorrow. He seems to be really "sleepy" he seems like he just wants to sleep has a burst of energy then he will be standing there an fall asleep where he is standing or almost falls over. He eats sitting down and drinks sitting down. I decided to get probiotics and eletrolights for chicks today. he has eaten and drinking a little, just seems as if he wants to sleep. I noticed when I hold him he will be active for a minute then want to sleep his body temp is the same as the others also.
    His poop when I put him down was straight runny white ish I don't know really how to expliain the poop but I know that the others poop is normal because I watch them carefully. I would like some advise due to me not having experience with the polish breed. I just want to save him. but I know you cant save all of them its life. I love my chickens like there my children. Please help anyone

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons

Apr 23, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

So sorry for your chick! Make sure she is warm. Good job with the probiotics and electrolytes. Just remember not to mix them. Kelsie has given you a good link.

Good luck and welcome!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sorry about your baby. Definitely post this in our emergency section for more help. Kelsie has left you with the link. I hope he makes a full recovery. [​IMG]

5. So how is you chick doing now .... ???????

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry I am coming in late, I missed your post somehow. I hope your polish chick is okay now. Did you take him to a vet?

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Crowing

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry your Golden Laced Polish is sick. I used to have some Golden Laced Polish and they were delightful birds; friendly and beautiful. Kelsie2290 and Mountain Peeps have given you some good advice and a good link. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. I hope you Golden Laced Polish will recover. Good Luck.

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: