One week old EE not growing.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JOSEYWALES, Jul 30, 2010.

1. JOSEYWALES

JOSEYWALES Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    One of my new EE chicks arrived in bad shape. She sprung back to life in a day but now is very slow and about half the size of all others. Also gets pasty butt every 2 days. I feel sorry for her but I am not sure if there is anything I can do to boost her energy/growth. She just seems stuck and wont even move accept to eat or drink. Any Ideas?

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    How about some vitamins in the water for a boost.

3. JOSEYWALES

JOSEYWALES Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    Found her dead thismorning [​IMG] poor thing. She made it nine days but never seemed to mature. Surprised she made it that long. Lost 2 out of ten from that batch. Not sure I will use that hatchery again.

4. lakeman

lakeman Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2010
    Abbevill SC
    I ordered 25 straight run chicks from Meyer (12 sex links, and 13 leghorns), and was sent 27 (one extra of each breed), which are all doing real well, and will be 7 weeks old this coming monday. They have all done real well, and I have no complaints except one, which is my fault, as I ordered straight run. I was expecting close to a 50/50 sex match, which it appears that the leghorns are about half & half, but the sex links were 4 hens, and 8 roosters. next time I order, it will be from Meyer, but I will order the leghorns straight run, but with the sex links I will order all poults. I cannot believe that the 4/8 mix was not on purpose to save the poults for persons ordering poults only.
    Can someone tell me at what age the two different breeds (red sex links, and leghorns) can be expected to start laying?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by