One Week Old Muscovy Kids

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ChickaChickaBoomBoom, Jun 9, 2010.

1. ChickaChickaBoomBoom

ChickaChickaBoomBoom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    It was a decent day for a change today, so I let mama and her dozen little ones out into the yard for a bit. There is a low spot by their gate where water can pool up so I ran the hose there lightly for them so that they could drink and play.

The kids splashin' in the water:

[​IMG]

"Evangeline" tromping through the grass:

[​IMG]

A close-up of mama watching over them:

[​IMG]

Sunning themselves after the water sank into the ground:

[​IMG]

One of our rabbits, Willie, snoozes under the apple trees rather than get chased away by mama:

[​IMG]

All in all, a fun one week birthday. So far, everyone seems healthy and happy - [​IMG]:)

-Dave

2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Awww, Willie is so cute & the babies already look bigger!

3. ChickaChickaBoomBoom

May 4, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Thanks Bleenie. Ya, they do seem bigger already. Certainly a little more independent. :)

-Dave

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Aw! very cute!

Ans Willie is VERY handsome as well!

5. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Wonderful!!!! Very pretty Scovies you have there. [​IMG]

6. ChickaChickaBoomBoom

May 4, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Thank you :)

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    They are some gorgeous babies...and such beautiful photos- So clear and colourful! I love that everything is so green over there...Here I am dealing with winter setting in...lots of rain..and some very muddy duckies.

8. ChickaChickaBoomBoom

May 4, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Duckyfromoz, thank you for the comments. And while it is "green" here (it's Seattle after all [​IMG]), it has been SO WET lately that this was a rare moment of sun and fun. The past few days, it's been off and on torrential rain, hail, thunder, lightening, etc. Hello Summer? Paging Summer? LOL

-Dave

9. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    They are beautiful! And what a pretty Momma! I'm in S. Oregon and we have been getting hit with HUGE downpoors that just seem to go on forever. I have ruts in the driveway that are huge and just formed from this Spring. Just Crazy! We are soaking up any sun we can get! [​IMG] I love that rabbit! [​IMG]

10. ChickaChickaBoomBoom

May 4, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Wow, I need to go put a ribbon on that rabbit or something. LOL Actually, he is a good guy, and I was happy that he was out in the yard rather than just in the rabbit/duck area (which is still about 400sf).

Ok, lacking good judgment (and taste), here is a link to a video I made about a year or so ago where Willie is the star. It was when we had chickens and, well.....I'll just apologize now. :)

Again, thanks for the notes. It's great fun sharing this new backyard adventure.

-Dave

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by