1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One week old-pictures

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by urbanhomesteader, Jun 12, 2008.

1. urbanhomesteader

urbanhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Yorba Linda, CA
    The babies get their first taste of fresh corn. They have been outside with their mamas for a few days now. Good thing the weather is warm.
    I have two hens with babies(all Bantams).

Nebula has four babies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The little black one is a Modern Game and the yellow one is a Naked Neck,much to my surprise. NN's weren't on the list of possible breeds. The other two I have no idea. These could be Sebright, Black Rosecomb, Cochin Bantams, Japanese Bantams, Polish. I've ruled out the Polish at least.

And Noxy has two babies. (also Bantams).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know for sure that the little grey one is a Modern Game and the other one came out of a green egg so is probably an Araucana.

2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    congrats on the new chicks!

3. urbanhomesteader

urbanhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks. [​IMG]

I have a hard time staying away. Its so cute how the mom's take care of them and teach them. I am learning their vocalizations.
    I hatched my first hens in an incubator and took care of them myself. This time I can sit back and let the mommas do all the work.

4. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    [​IMG] AWWWWWW.... How SWEET!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by