One Yellow foot and one white foot on this young fellow.

Maybe it's a hermaphrodite chicken. Social rules with chickens may be similar to humans... sad. Very cool looking. Thanks for sharing!
wink.png

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/03/100315-half-male-half-female-chickens/

Last edited:
old*cowboy :

Is feather color and pattern the same on both sides? He might qualify as a Mosaic.

There is not a drastic difference in coloring. His patterning may be different. I'll take a closer look today and if there is a difference I'll post some pics. He's starting to get a little tired of the recent increased attention though. He's been avoiding the camera this morning.

Tim​

If he does cooperate for more pictures that will be really cool! I wonder if the color split is limited to his legs, or if he has white skin on some parts of his body and yellow skin on others. A chicken has yellow skin when it inherits the recessive allele from each parents for the color, making it homozygous for yellow skin. White skin is caused by a dominant allele. So if he has both colors on his body, there is no way for this to happen without him being a chimera of some sort, since the dominant white skin gene would be the expressed phenotype in a normal chicken.

Back
Top Bottom