Oneida County Wisconsin Passed

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Oneida Coop, May 17, 2011.

1. Oneida Coop

Oneida Coop Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    In July of 2010, I made a request to the Oneida County Planning and Zoning Committee to ask for approving a new ordinance to allow chickens and ducks. My request went through many committee meeting and two public hearing. In short it allows up to 8 hen chickens and/or ducks. Please see this posting (https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=494014)

Today was the County Board meeting of Supervisors, in which the chicken/duck ordinace was going to be passed or failed. We needed 11 yes supervisor votes for the ordinance to pass. Well, we got 20 yes votes and only 1 no vote, meaning that it is now legal to have chickens in residential zoned land. [​IMG][​IMG]

Oneida County is located in the northwoods of Wisconsin, has a popluation around 36,500 and a mass of 1,236 sq. miles.

2. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] That's awesome! Congrats on helping to bring some common sense to your local government!

And, [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  3. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! People are waking up to the reality of chickens!!

4. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Congratulations!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] YAY! Congratulations! This is SO awesome. Too many times I've seen posts about folks just saying to heck with the law and getting birds and then being so upset because they were fined or forced to get rid of them... THIS is such a better ending! Thanks SO much for sharing!

7. Mama_Chicken

Mama_Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    Statenville, Ga
    Awesome!!!!!! We need more people like you who go out there and actually make CHANGES HAPPEN!!! [​IMG]

8. CopperCT

CopperCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

YAHOO!!! Congratulations!! I'm soooo happy for you. I'm in the same boat and hope to be able to report the same news after June 2nd which is when our hearing and vote is. I'm so glad to see there is some sanity somewhere....let's hope some of it blows this way. Have fun with your chicken adventure!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And [​IMG]

9. joan1708

joan1708 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    DFW - mid cities, Tx
    It's so nice to know it can be done!

10. daddysgirlz

daddysgirlz Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2010
    M, WI
    Congrats!! We just got the ordinance passed tuesday the 24th here in Milwaukee, WI too!! Yeah!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by