Ongoing problems with stools from day one, otherwise healthy.

Whiffy Smith

Hatching
Jun 20, 2021
Hi everyone, I have just joined the site. I would really appreciate some advice please. We have a Welsummer Hen. We got her at about 14 weeks of age along with 2 other Hens of different breeds. We have 7 Hens in total. All are extremely healthy & at POL. Our issue is with just the Welsummer (Kiki). Since the day we got her she had loose stools. I have taken lots of advice, given vitamin treatment, worming etc... Nothing has helped. As she's growing the stools are getting much worse. She now literally squirts water. She drinks and eats well. After drinking I notice that some fluid comes back from her mouth & not long after her bottom is very squirty. She's in good health and has actually doubled her size since we got her back in April. My worry is that it's an internal issue (organ failure). Has anyone had this issue? If so, I would really appreciate some advice. We took her away from the others while giving her treatment & food for worming but all hens went absolutely mad to get her back. She managed to escape her enclosure and make her way back home to her friends. All 7 are very happy together & we've seen no pecking order as yet. All calm & all friendly. 5 out of 7 like to be stroked & cuddled so there's no sign of stress within the flock. Kiki has not yet started laying.

Any advice would be amazing. I'm actually thinking to take her away from the others as worried that her squirts everywhere may cause health issues to the others.

Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom