1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Online duck store?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by harkey1995, Feb 26, 2015.

1. harkey1995

harkey1995 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2015
    Is there any "good" online duck supplies store? All i can find are breeders that sell ducks. where i live, i am a good drive to the nearest place to buy feed, bedding, and other important needs...

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    To be honest, local breeders are often the way to go. No shipping involved, and you can see their quality with your own eyes, instead of paying and then hoping what you get is what you paid for.

3. harkey1995

Feb 22, 2015
    Its just the only thing around me is a feed store nd the only thing they have is scratch...they don't have anything.. And the tractor supply doesn't have a whole lot. and its so far away that its really not worth the drive to pend 30$ in gas just for a 15$ bag of feed or 5$ bag of bedding.. lol[​IMG]

4. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    Hmmm. Well, have you checked out Metzer Farms? They have a great variety! If you're gonna buy ducks online, they'd be the way to go. The only problem is they don't carry call ducks. *grumble*

5. harkey1995

Feb 22, 2015
    If i buy ducks id rather see the ducks im buying in person.. im looking for a store online ot purchase stuff for the ducks.. feed, bedding, additives, all the things they will need...

6. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    OH! I'm an idiot...I thought you were looking to buy ducks, not stuff FOR ducks! [​IMG] Ha, sorry!

Umm...aside from just googling I can't think of any specific sites. I buy mazuri food online delivered, altohugh it's pricey, it's really good quality. As for bedding, try petco.com, you can get newspaper pellets for super cheap.

7. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    Try Amazon.com ... I live in the boonies, so I order a TON of stuff from them. If you have Prime, you get free 2-day shipping on a lot of stuff. I ordered everything I needed for my brooder setup from them.

8. harkey1995

Feb 22, 2015
    Its okits my fault i should of specified lol i googled and did find some amazing but expensive stuff like diapers and harnesses lol

9. harkey1995

Feb 22, 2015
    i honestly did not think of amazon lol or ebay.. i will definitely check it out.. and i tried to use the paper pellets but one of my ducks is not right in the head lol he tries to eat it. he managed to eat a tiny bit before i could grab them out of there broodery to take it out. Ive been using pine shavings since the heat lamp isn't on all the time because i have there broodery in my house and the heats on and its around 80 where there at. im going to move them to cooler room next week. but thank you!

10. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Regarding eating bedding - my Runnerlings tried to eat shavings, so we used old towels till they got a bit bigger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by