1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Online feed stores

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kisat, Apr 1, 2007.

1. kisat

kisat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    Hey all,

I am new to the chicken raising world and I had a question about online stores for buying chicken feed.
    I am just wondering if you all could give me some good stores that are online for buying chicken feed from?
    I have been looking everywhere and mostly the info I come up with is about what to feed them, not necessarily where to buy feed from. I got the what, now I'd like the where [​IMG]

Thank you so much,
    Kim Iverson

2. MTchick

MTchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Western Montana
    You can get organic chick starter and organic chicken feed at http://www.azurestandard.com

I don't know the price on shipping because I'll be buying it from a co-op. Incidentally, the price for a co-op member is close to HALF the price listed online, so if there is a co-op in your area, I recommend joining and buying through them.

Have fun.

-MTchick

3. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    you would be better off looking for a feed store close to you.like a TSC or a feed mill.ordering feed online will kill your pocketbook because of the high shipping costs.an if you ordered an had it shipped id get a 3 month suppy of feed at once.

4. kisat

kisat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    Thank you MTchick and wynedot55 [​IMG] Thanks for the info.
    Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by