1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Online hatchery offering small quantities?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by 5Sons Coop, Apr 6, 2016.

1. 5Sons Coop

5Sons Coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2015
    Cold winters
    I want to purchase a few Texas A&M. I would like to order them from a well know hatchery. I searched a few hatcheries and few seem to offer the Texas. The lowest quantity of quail I seen was 30 Jumbo.

2. kayeich

kayeich New Egg

Mar 16, 2016
    As someone who's been devouring this sub-board recently and hoping to also do a small order eventually... I may have an answer! Probably!

Anyways, James Marie Farms lets you order a minimum of 15 eggs and they offer A&Ms:
    http://www.jamesmariefarms.com/purchasing-pricing.html

They have better price points at higher quantities, but you at least have an option for 15-29 eggs (at $2/egg with S&H included).

Since you wanted someone that's well known, you get that too. JMF is well enough known that other farms/hatcheries often tout that their quail are "James Marie bloodlines". [​IMG]

It's also well enough known that there's advice on this board on ordering:
    If you want to make an order, don't send an email, but call instead.

You'll get prompter service as a lot of people have noted very slow responses to email queries, and also probably get some form of an educational discussion going with the owner, if he has time to chat.

I got nothin' if you want to order even smaller than 15 eggs or already hatched birds.

3. 5Sons Coop

Nov 20, 2015
    Cold winters
    i was looking for birds not eggs, but it looks like I need to get that incubator built.

4. 5Sons Coop

Nov 20, 2015
    Cold winters
    Purelypoultry.com I can order 12 Texas A&M for about $3.50 each.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by