Online nursing degrees in PA?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I have searched everywhere online, but I can't find an answer as to whether or not Pennsylvania accepts online nursing degrees. So, well, does anyone know? Any information would be appreciated! It's driving me insane that I can't find anything. I'm probably just being goofy, but I can't find it for the life of me, lol.

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Have you checked with your state nursing board? Like any other college, the school would have to be licensed and/or accredited by the state board of higher education (or its equivalent) in Pennsylvania. The school itself should be able to tell you, and then you should be able to verify with the credentialing body.

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I sent an email to the PA state nursing board. I asked them where to find online schools if it is accepted by PA law. At least I know that I'm on the right track though, lol.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    interesting..i didnt know you could do nursing online..i thought there were too many clinicals...
    let me know what you find out...
    heck..i'd do it if it was online...

5. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Online nursing schools have their classwork online, you still have to do your clinicals in a clinical setting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by