1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

online poultry auction

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cariboujaguar, May 18, 2009.

1. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    Anyone here use eggbid? I am thinking of registering and buying some eggs, but not sure if there are the same quality here (or better) or what... Is there any significance to joining eggbid or should I just do my shopping here? thanks!

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Eggbid is going downhill fast. It has very, very little moderation.

3. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    very glad I asked [​IMG] Thanks! I'll just stick to buying here [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I use BYC and ebay. I also sell hatching eggs on ebay. I do also use eggbid, but I do agree what the other poster said.

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I use all three (byc, ebay and eggbid) as well. There are some good and bad sellers (and buyers) no matter where you go. That's why it's so important to read feedback and do your research before buying. I think it is more a matter of what you're looking for and where it is available.

6. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    We love eggbid....never any problems.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    No problems with Eggbid but yes there is lack of mods in there and it is losing popularity. I think BYC and Ebay has a better success getting some eggs than Eggbid.

8. RRT114

RRT114 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    Pittston, PA
    I have to agree...it is going downhill fast. Things are posted wherever and whenever people want. No rhyme or reason. Categories have no meaning to the sellers. I emailed Eggbid about it, to no avail

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Do you think it will fold in the next couple of years?

10. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I have looked on ebay but haven't purchased eggs there yet. I don't know too much about eggbid at all.

I have gotten several batches of eggs from folks on here, BYC. I have had a great experience with them so far. Great sellers/traders on here that I have delt with so far. I even have eggs developing....and hoping they hatch!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by