Online Poultry Show

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by razvanM, Mar 23, 2013.

1. razvanM

razvanM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2012
    Hi ! I have just started judging waterfowl,and if anyoane wants to join I propose an Online Duck Show.In this way you can have your birds quality evaluated and I can practise my judging.So start posting your best birds ! And Hope your animals will win the best of breed.

2. coopscritters

coopscritters Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2013
    N.B.Can
    This is great because I don't know what makes or breaks a good showduck. We think she is beautiful. All feedback is appreciated.
    Thanks

[​IMG]

My young black muscovy female Jewel
    [​IMG]That is a speck of white under her chin but most of the blacks I've seen have more than that.
    [​IMG]

3. razvanM

Sep 14, 2012
    Well I must stay that truly is a beautifull bird,very cute.Well I must say she has a bit of a too long beak and that speck of white shouldnt be in a black bird.But I must say she has a great body a bit too upright though but great comformation,and about the caruncles,she is too young to judge hers so probably when she will be an adult she would be a very nice bird.

4. coopscritters

coopscritters Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2013
    N.B.Can
    Thanks. These are great things to look at when I see other peoples ducks. I'll have something to compare. I won't mention to her about the long beak in case she's sensitive. She is about 8 months now and just getting carruncles her siblings are way ahead.

Are you doing chickens at all? I have a chantecler with a great body but I think his comb might be a bit large

Good luck with your judging. I'm working on my horticulture judging just now so feel free to show off your veggies

5. razvanM

Sep 14, 2012
    Yes,I do all kinds of poultry,but I just felt that ducks would bebetter to practise on,s the breeds have very particular characteristics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by