Only 1 egg hatched out of a dozen from Murray McMurray!

PeachygirlGA

Songster
9 Years
May 25, 2012
Fort Valley, GA
I am on day 23 with these eggs and after throwing out 6 of them that were not forming last week, only 1 has hatched and not seeing anything from the other 5. Is this normal??? I spent like $45 on these stupid eggs. NEVER AGAIN!

I am on day 23 with these eggs and after throwing out 6 of them that were not forming last week, only 1 has hatched and not seeing anything from the other 5. Is this normal??? I spent like $45 on these stupid eggs. NEVER AGAIN!
I bought two dozen Marans eggs from a private seller and am on day 25 with none of them pipping. A lot can happen with shipping and with the actual incubation process to make it where eggs won't hatch.

Oh no! Wow, you would think you would at least get a few from 2 dozen. I think maybe I should just buy chicks in the future. This incubating may not be for me.
How long will you wait for yours or have you already discarded?

I have some of my own Ameraucana eggs in there with them and I have one pip and one in the process of zipping right now so I'll leave them all at least until they finish and dry out. I'll then do eggtopsies one at a time going in from the air cell to check for movement. I had already planned to toss them all out but when I did this, I came across the fact that I still had viable chicks so I decided to wait.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom