1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Only half a coop shipped

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by maribameche, Apr 19, 2017.

1. maribameche

maribameche Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2017
    So I ordered a 75" chicken coop with nest box and run. It came in today and I was SO excited!... until we went to put it together... they only shipped half of the parts!!!!! The box say 1 out of 2 but they only gave me one tracking number. I sent them a message. Has this happened to anyone else? :(

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    That Sucks!! Never happen to me, because I build my own coops, but its bad-----the other box should be there tomorrow!! Good Luck

3. maribameche

Mar 15, 2017
    I hope it will be here today but I'm worried that it got lost in the warehouse and they forgot to send it :( I would build my own coop but I don't even know where to begin lol

4. rosemarythyme

rosemarythyme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    Pac NW
    Well we've all have packages get lost, delivered late, etc. This is no different. Just... heavier.

I ordered a coop that showed up in 3 boxes. I don't recall if each had its own tracking number or not. They did all show up on the same day, but were not strapped or taped to each other in any way.

Contact the coop company (or wherever you ordered from) and let them know what box you received and what box you're missing - if it's a good company they should offer to resend any missing parts. I would also contact the shipping company (UPS, FedEx) with the tracking number and see if it turns up somewhere in their system.

5. maribameche

Mar 15, 2017
    I contacted them and they sent me the second tracking number and it came in an hour ago! :) I'm so excited to put it up lol

1 person likes this.
  6. maribameche

Mar 15, 2017
    I set up my chicken coop yesterday and it's so small :( I wish I could build my own coop but I'm not very handy and I have 3 young children that are very hard to contain lol it would take me like a year lmao I ordered, the same kind but I'm scared they're not gonna have enough room ! It's 75" x 26"

7. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    What's 75 by 26 ? is that just the house or the house and the Run ? how many chickens do you have ?do you have a picture of your Coop you could post? thanks Karen

8. maribameche

Mar 15, 2017
    From the nest box to the end of the run is 75" and the whole thing is 26" wide. I have 4 chicks right now, 2 Rhode Island reds and 2 red old English game bantams. I just ordered another coop, same size because I know it won't be enough room. I'll send pictures of everything in detail when I get home from work tonight or in the morning when there's light

9. Suzi18

Suzi18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2017
    Sandusky Ohio
    Yes please post pics. I'm curious to see your coop

10. maribameche

Mar 15, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Here's the inside of the coop through the nesting box

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by