only keeping 2 out of my 4!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    lol this is how a chicken addiction works. Originally I was getting 2 hens. period. Well then I got a new coop and got 4 MORE chicks, and was only going to keep 2 of those..

WELL I can't pick and choose who will be rehomed, so I am keeping all 4! LOL! I feel so silly to have been swallowed up by this chicken addiction! Darn you BYCers! Hahaha just kiddin you know I love you all [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for introducing me to chickens!

2. GwenReaper

GwenReaper Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I do that all the time.. I will incubate some eggs and when the chicks hatch, I cant choose which ones I want to give away... So I keep them. Last year I started with 6 chickens. And now I have, at the moment, over 60! AHHHhhh! I never though I would be over run w chickies!! But I love it!
    [​IMG]

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I am glad to know it's not that uncommon a symptom to have! Yeah I kept going back and forth "Ok.. I am keeping you and you.." and then all the sudden the two I was rehoming became irristable, and vice versa. I think they understood me LOL!

They are all wonderful and by using 2 coops I will definately have room to house all 6 girls. So now I have 2 Blue Laced Wyandottes, 2 Splash BLR Wyandottes, 1 EE and 1 BR. [​IMG] Loving every one of them too! Hehe

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I just want to know who the heck is enabling ME???

..my newest four.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    LOL! Aw they are BEAUTIFUL! I would so love a Jersey Giant... Mmm Someday! We are all in the same boat I suppose good thing too lol! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Welcome to chicken math! /grin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by