Only one duckling Hatched

Crystins_homestead

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2023
Last night, one out of seven duck eggs hatched...none of the others made it through. I had put these eggs into the incubator once they were laid...i tried introducing the duckling to the parents and it didn't go well. We also have two other ducklings i tried to introduce the hatchling to, it also didnt go well...i don't know what to do. This is my first time having a hatchling..any advice?

Last night, one out of seven duck eggs hatched...none of the others made it through. I had put these eggs into the incubator once they were laid...i tried introducing the duckling to the parents and it didn't go well. We also have two other ducklings i tried to introduce the hatchling to, it also didnt go well...i don't know what to do. This is my first time having a hatchling..any advice?
There is still a possibility others could hatch, have you checked if any others pipped? You could also try very small safety holes over the air cells if they internally pipped 24 hours ago.
As far as your duckling/ducks go do you have a place where you can cage off the other ducklings and your hatchling? That way they can still see each other but not peck. After a week or so you could try putting them together for short periods of time.

First fix a place inside the brooder so the newly hatched can be with the older ducklings but they can’t get to it. I used a piece of hardware cloth wrapped the edges with gorilla tape to keep them from getting poked it worked great after 3 days I start letting the older ducklings be with the younger with supervision so they eventually will bond.

Back
Top Bottom