Only one duckling sneezing?

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
I have 3 ducklings that i monitor constantly as they will peep if i go too far out of their sight. i have had them for 4 days and but one for 6. Only one of them is sneezing. i am not familiar with duck disease so i came here for some help. this is the only one duckling that won't clean its nostrils in the water, the other two will dip their whole heads sometimes while this one just dips the front.

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
pekin duckling, around 6 days old. not sure. not thinner than the others.
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
sneezing but not much else, nervous since i had a new hen i was quarantining who kept sneezing, which died quickly after.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
2 days, started yesterday but i only heard about 5 sneezes the whole day, today a lot.
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
No, but one duckling died 5 days ago with no symthoms just a bit weaker.
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
No
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
Im not sure if it is the bedding they are on but none of them are sneezing other than this one. it might not be cleaning its nostrils?
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
Chick starter with brewers yeast. and water with probiotics.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
Normal
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
nothing but i have given it probiotics since it came in.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? I will not be able to go to the vet as there are no avian vets in my city. i am unable to go out of the city because of strict lockdown restrictions here.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
no wound just sneezing, cant get a picture of it sneezing but it is acting like the others, eating and drinking.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
wood shavings not sure what since here they don't specify what wood is used. could this be the cause? am i using the wrong bedding?

i found out that maybe the others are also sneezing not only one, could this be a respiratory infection? how do i combat this? the chicken that was sneezing in quarantine died after being misdiagnosed by a local vet.

Back
Top Bottom