1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

~Only you people . . .

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 1mommahen, Dec 17, 2009.

1. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    can feel my pain . . . I just had to BUY eggs with 20 chickens in my backyard!!!!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Oh! That is terrible! Store-bought eggs are suitable only for feeding to dogs and chickens - I'm so sorry you've been debased by circumstance to the point that you must eat them yourself. [​IMG]

(I added a light on a timer in my coop - it comes on about 2 hours before the sun comes up, and it has improved my girls' egg production, but I know not everyone gets the same results.)

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Yes, we've been there. Ironic and silly, isn't it? But we love our girlies whether they pop out the goodies or not.

4. 1mommahen

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Actually, I bought them from a farm around the corner. But still![​IMG] I need them to make Christmas cookies! I have a timer that comes on at 4 am but still not much luck. They were hatched 6/10/09 and they haven't started yet! Oh well!

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I'm in the same boat. Lucky to get 2 eggs a day from the big girls. On the other hand- the banty cochins think it's spring. I have tons of itty bitty eggs with super hard shells. [​IMG]

6. 1mommahen

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I felt like laying the bought eggs down in the middle of the coop to give the girls a clue! LOL [​IMG]

7. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I have 18 chickens and not one (only 1 was laying when they were laying) since July. [​IMG]

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:So true! I almost didn't recognize you.........[​IMG]

9. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Same thing here too. [​IMG] Our cochins are laying daily but the big girls just haven't been able to get back into the swing of things.
    [​IMG]

10. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I am down to just an egg a day if I am lucky. [​IMG] I have very sad customers. No extra light in my coop, did add heat due to an unexpected -18 degree night. Days will start getting longer soon (not soon enough I know) [​IMG]

Quote:So true! I almost didn't recognize you.........[​IMG]

x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by