Ontario Silky Breeders?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Henriettahen, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    hey, I cannot find ANY silky breeders in ontario...

I think I read somewhere a user on this site .. Kerr? knows of one?? I can't contact Kerr tho...

does anyone else know of any place to get silky chicks??

Preferably not a hatchery, I don't want any more than 2 chicks..also around the toronto area if possible...

thanks![​IMG]

2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    www.performancepoultry.com lists silkies in various colors. they are a small hatchery, located in prince edward county (couple hrs from Toronto). I have never dealt with them but you might at least try calling them?

good luck

Pat

3. Henriettahen

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    thankkk you for the reply, I'l check it out. [​IMG]

4. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    I have silkies, although I am not a breeder. I do know a good breeder that lives in Georgetown, just 20 mins west of Toronto. I know he has white & buff for sure. However, at this time of year I don't think he is hatching any. You could also visit the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto Nov. 6-7. The best breeders in the country will be showing their poultry. You could get a contact name at the show for silkies. Me & my silkies will be there.

http://www.royalfair.org/

5. Henriettahen

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way I can contact the breeder in georgetown?

ahhh the Royal Winter Fair! I go there every year....never seen the chickens tho. I will try to go there on those days, haha who knows, maybe il see u and ur chickens.

You dont have silky chicks by any chance, do u?

6. Henriettahen

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    oh and I contacted Performance Poultry, the only thing with them is they only have silkies in may - june. Also I have no clue if there "show quality" silkies acually are...as you arent aloud to see the hens...and there are barely any pix.

7. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    ahhh the Royal Winter Fair! I go there every year....never seen the chickens tho.

Except for 2005 & 2006,(thanx to the Avian Flu Paranoia) there has been a poultry show at the Royal Winter Fair since 1922.

Is there any way I can contact the breeder in georgetown?

I contacted him, & he is not hatching or selling till the spring. I am looking at getting a Buff breeding pair from him, but I don't think I would be hatching until winter is over.​

8. Henriettahen

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    hmm ic, no one really sells this time of the year do they??

I guess I'll have to wait..

9. MegaMoose

MegaMoose New Egg

Nov 5, 2015
    canada
    how can i get in touch with him i would really like to get a silky but cant find any breeders near me i know i probably won't be able to get one until spring but i want to get everything ready

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by