Ontario - Where to Buy Egg Cartons?

Stella1964

Songster
11 Years
Mar 30, 2008
Ontario Canada
If anyone lives in southern Ontario (GTA east of Toronto), can you tell me where I can buy egg cartons? The suppliers on line are mostly in the USA and charge too much for shipping. I'd like to pick them up personally if possible.

Tx
jumpy.gif

You two are making me laugh!

gig.gif

I only have 4 layers so no, i'm not selling. I'll keep searching for cartons closer to home. There's got to be some, somewhere around here!!!!
barnie.gif

Well, if you are not planning on selling eggs, I see no point in purchasing egg cartons. Especially with only 4 hens.

My choice would be....

1. Use the little egg storage tray in your fridge.

2. Buy a wire egg basket.

3. Tupperware is your FRIEND.

Quote:
You know, Stella, I have some extra used ones of the clear plastic half-dozen type that the fancy 'omega-whatever eggs' come in -- if you're concerned about contamination from previous eggs (personally I don't worry about it - germs like salmonella live rather poorly on DRY surfaces, especially when left in the sun for a day, but everyone's entitled to their own list of worries
smile.png
)

I have some sitting in the closet from my mother in law, who keeps saying she doesn't want our eggs 'because she hardly ever uses them' but sprouts a steady stream of empty cartons to GIVE use
hmm.png

(I have a couple empty, clean, used 'regular' egg cartons too, if you care)

I'd be happy to run them over to Seagrave sometime if you were interested.

Pat, who uses recycled cartons for keeping our eggs in the fridge (so I can keep track of older vs younger eggs) but they last a looooong time for me before getting in any way yucky enough to need to be thrown out - and on the few occasions I've had more than 2 doz eggs at a time, I just leave the newest ones in a bowl and plan several egg-themed dinners in a row
tongue.png

Quote:
I'm not selling them, but I AM giving them away to friends/family, who never seem to return the cartons no matter how many times I ask! Believe it or not, I get roughly 30-35 eggs per week...that's a lot considering only my husband and I eat them.

Pat, definitely if you have some of those clear plastic cartons that you're not using, I'd love to take them off your hands!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom