OOHH!UGGH!GRRR!Rant Hubby's Ex! NEED TO VENT!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickfillhay, Jun 22, 2008.

1. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Hubby picked up HIS boys from the ex for the summer. So they're here. And we are having a fabby time. Until, They asked her to send some stuff they forgot in a care package. OK. I have no problem with that. EXCEPT the older (13) son tells me she is sending rated R movies and movies such as Alien vs Predator for them to see. I DON'T WATCH THAT STUFF AND DON'T ALLOW IT IN MY HOUSE! I have 4 and 6 year old boys with hubby. (Their half brothers) And even at 16 I wouldn't allow them to watch this junk! Well I explained to him that we don't watch violent movies or rated R movies. And he seemed ok with that. I didn't get an argument or anything. He just got his videogame and sat next to me showing how good he is at killing things! [​IMG]
    Little did I know he called his mommy and whined about how I won't let him watch these movies!

Look, I really don't care what she does with HER children in HER house. But she had the nerve to call my hubby and tell him that I don't have the right to "override" her decision to allow them to watch junk in MY HOUSE! That she should be allowed to send them what she wants and I should have to deal with it! [​IMG]
    OFCOURSE He defended me. And told her that is not her call. That while the boys are here with us they should abide by OUR rules. NOT HERS! He is talking with his son now trying to TACTFULLY make it clear to him so he doesn't go crying to momma again when he doesn't get his way.
    I just can't understand the nerve of this lady! And hubby! The poor guy can't catch a break. He is walking on eggshells 'cause he is afraid to make her so angry she will retaliate. Either keep the boys from seeing him ever again, worse!!! Either way SHE has the leg up!
    But in no way will WE allow violent TV in the house! Her reasoning is, they can watch it after the little ones go to sleep. WELL what are the rest of us going to watch. WE HAVE ONE TV!!! [​IMG]

2. TundraChick

TundraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    West Viriginia
    Oh, I feel for you and agree with you 100% for what it worth.

Stacy

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I think not allowing those movies in your house is fine and reasonable. For one, it's not that big of a deal that they can't watch a few especially violent movies--it's not like you said they couldn't watch any movies. For another, you have young kiddos in the house--and one tv--why should any of you be subjected to that stuff!!

Ugh. Sorry that the ex is being such a....well, you can fill in the blank. [​IMG] She makes no sense at all, and is being extremely inconsiderate....

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Your house, your rules. Disney only if that's what you want. Mine saw 3 movies rated R- IN the theatre WITH us- before the ages of 15/16. Those were Shindler's List, Philadelphia and JFK. OH- I KNOW they saw worse elsewhere, but- "MH-MR". That's ALL I would tell the ex, too. THEN, I'd hang up. Might not even say that much.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I don't have a problem with that either...they're in YOUR house so they should follow YOUR rules.

6. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Alien Vs. Predator is a really terrible movie anyway, clearly they have no taste LOL, but you're right.. if you don't want those films in your house, it's your choice. I was watching R-rated movies before I was like... 10, I'm not scarred, or demented, but it IS your choice regardless.

7. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    [​IMG] I'm sorry - exs can be huge pains. You are right - they have to follow the rules in your house that you and their father have agreed on. BTW - I'm glad your hubby stuck up for you, it was the right thing for him to do.

8. MoonbeamQueen

MoonbeamQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Meadow Vista
    Oh, I feel for you on this one! Bottom line is it's your house, therefore your rules. Sounds like there must be some kind of court order in effect for custody/visitation...don't allow her to bully you with threats that she'll keep the kids from seeing their dad. Let her try that, and keep the court order handy if you need to call the police and get it enforced. This is also about the boy playing you guys against each other. Don't fall for it![​IMG] Best thing, keep them entertained with things you can all enjoy! Try to act and not react. It's hard but it can be done! I had to go through all this kind of stuff from the time my daughter was 1 until the day she turned 18. Such a huge relief when I no longer had to deal with the ex, his wife, etc...! Good luck to you!

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    My son is 17 and he is not allowed to watch that junk lol Good for you for sticking to your rules! [​IMG] Later in life he will remember this and maybe do this for his kids as well [​IMG]

10. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I had the same problem with my hubbys ex she thought her rules applied to our house. NOT!!! I'm so glad that part is over with and we don't have to deal with her anymore. That was a very, very long 16 years of my mom lets me do this and she don't make me do that. I hope everything works out and you can enjoy the time you have with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by