Oooh, I'm excited! (UPDATED w/pics - 2nd pg.)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HuestisFarm, Oct 7, 2008.

1. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    So, my BIL called me tonight & said that his neighbor is selling ALL of his flock!! I guess he's getting out of the chicken business! They're all very well taken care of & that's all I could ask for. Lucky us to have some family influence... the guy was going to post an ad in the paper tomorrow & since we jumped right on it, we've got 'em!!

I'm SO excited!! I know he has a least two Silkies & some Speckled Sussex & a few Ameracaunas! The only problem is that he has over 30 & he's selling them as a whole, so we can't pick & choose. But, I guess we can't be too picky as this point & time. We're going to go pick them up tomorrow. So be expecting lots o' piccies of our new chickies soon!!

And this also gives my hubby even more incentive to hurry up & get our coop done! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Wow that is great!!! Maybe someone on here lives close enough that could go in with you if you don't want all of them.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

jackie

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I sure that if you list what you have some BYCer will contact you quickly. Good luck

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    WOW how wonderful! COngrats on catching that before he listed it in the paper. Flocks sure do seem to go quickly. How old are they all? Can't wait to see pics. Are you going to post them here? Or start a new thread? I want to subscribe if your going to post here.

5. HuestisFarm

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Thanks, everyone. I'm sooo excited... tomorrow can't come fast enough!!

I will be posting them here! So, subscribe away, HWMP! As far as I know, they're all hens of laying age, but I'll be asking him.

And if there are any that we'd like to part with, I'll certainly be posting on BYC first! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I expected a poem when I opened this thread...

I'm so excited,
    And I just can't hide it,
    I'm about
    to lose control.
    I think
    I like it.

I should write songs dontcha think?

Oooh weee!

7. HuestisFarm

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    *lol* Well, that poem is certainly quite fitting, Mahonri... as that's how I feel!!!

[​IMG]

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Didn't you just post in another forum looking for a hatchery near you? [​IMG]

9. HuestisFarm

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Yep, I did... but if you remember, I also said it was purely for research for a future reference. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  10. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Awesome deal! Talk about an instant "family"! [​IMG] Can't wait to see photos...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by