1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OOOH OOOH OOOH..Guess what I GOT!! *****PICS ADDED..VERY PIC HEAVY!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bec, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

[​IMG] OMG I am so excited!!! I am getting a pair of Delaware Blue Hen Chickens!!! I am soooo excited I could just bust inside!!
    I did some research and only half of the chicks will turn out blue. Blue Babies are born blue ..the other half turn out either black or white---Black or yellow chicks!! Well these little ones are blue as blue can be. The one is a rooster I know because he struts around with his chest out and stands really tall!! So there is another that walks that way too..I assume that is a roo too and then there in one that just walks normal and moseys around--Hen I am guessing.
    I will get them next Tuesday along with a White Crested Polish and an Americauna!!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Oh I think Delaware Blues are so pretty. Congrats.

3. Bec

Awww ThankYou..I am super excited!! I am actually getting both roosters and am going to have to decide which one I want and find a hope for the other....If anyone is Near Delaware and would give him a good home..let me know!!

4. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    im sooo jealous [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Bec

I was so surprised when I saw these 3 little blue babies!!! There is only a 50% change of Blue's producing Blues, so I am lucky to have found them!!
    If we have babies in the future....I can share!!!

6. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    Wow, Bec, that is great!!! I can tell you are getting super excited![​IMG]

7. Bec

Oh my gosh yes!! I am going to see if I can get them Monday. I am getting 3 Del Blues, 1 Americauna and 1 White Crested Polish!! Even my hubby is excited..he said today....I can't wait to see my little blue boy!!.....Never in a million years woud I ever had thought I would hear him say that!
    Don't worry as soon as I get them, the camera is coming out!!!

8. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Please post a pic when you can-congrats!

9. Bec

Oh don't worry I will..
    I was reading up on them and it was very interesting to learn how they came about!!

10. Bec

And the numbers keep going up!! Now I am up to 3 Del Blues, 1 WC Polish, 1 Americauna and 1 or 2 RIR.......now hubby is talking about 2 coops and pens!! Yay for me!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by