ooooh i so glade i didn't loose it at the fair with this one woman (rude butt)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hdowden, Oct 4, 2012.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    ok a bit upset at one of the ladies at the fair, she wouldn't put my 7-8 month old bantam silver laced polish in the bantam class cause she thinks it's a standard cause it's the same size as her cockerel :/ not to mention when i said well the store got about 20 in the wrong bin then she proceed to get into my face (lucky i didn't push her on the ground she was that close) telling me that it happens some times...well lady i think i know this already and a lot more....she didn't know a few other things either like that leghorns belong in the Mediterranean classification :/ they also didn't have enough cages and wanted to stuff my polish in a cage that is ment for something the size of a serma, jap, ect not even my d'uccle's could fit into the cage they wanted to leave her in ooooh i;m so mad (in better terms) at how they want to treat the chickens [​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

:th

So sorry! It's not her place to tell you where your bird belongs. If it is too big to meet the standards, the judges will tell you that, not a fellow exhibitor.

3. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they didn't even have all the breeds nor their verities. i had to put a french black copper hen under mixed breeds because they didnt have marans on the list. they were really unorganized this year.

[​IMG]

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Wow that's super rude for her to get in your face, sounds like they need some help organizing for next year.

5. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i was there till almost midnight with the chickens and ducks [​IMG] and i had kids that needed to be gotten to bed

imma be weighing my polish when she gets home

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  6. Sorry you had to deal with this. [​IMG]

I hate fair. One lady had two chickens die because she forgot to give them water for an entire day. And still got a $20 prize for the "best herdsman" (i.e. who took best care of their animals). Technically it was her kids who were supposed to be showing but they were texting the whole time. None of them could handle a chicken, and were amazed that mine would just sit on my shoulder. When somebody asked her how you know the difference between "boys and girls" she said "Because boys will crow eventually and girls lay eggs." (That's when I stepped in with difference in apearence, comb size/color, general body shape, feather patterns, day old sexing, etc. etc. etc.) Then, the judge told me that I was pronouncing d'Uccle wrong. She had NO idea how to say it. And she gave the grand champion prize to an "Araucana". Whatever, it was an EE and should have been disqualified for being nothing like an Araucana!

Then, she told me she couldn't place my Naked Necks because she had never seen them before and had no idea how to judge them!

Then, she was holding all my chickens upside down by the legs to "calm" them. I told her to give me my bird. She did, and I set the chicken on my arm and she was perfectly calm and still. I was about to freak out! Some people have no clue!

7. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    hey but they think they know everything lol i don't even know everything ;) sounds like she didn't like to be corrected or anything to me there's room for everyone to still learn some things for no one person knows everything

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by