1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ooooo- free 'bator thermometer possibility!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dappertophatter, Jan 17, 2010.

1. dappertophatter

dappertophatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    The Jersey Shore
    I belong to many of PetChannel's websites, where you can earn points to send in for free items- and while I do not own a reptile, I checked out ReptileChannel. [​IMG]

Most of the way down their Rewards page, there is the perfect 'bator thermometer. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The perfect free thermometer for my ( I mean DD's) new free incubators! [​IMG]

Zoo Med Digital Thermometer W/ probe
    15,000 points
    Digital Terrarium thermometer with digital readout in Fahrenheit or Celsius. Has a remote sensor probe for accurate readings. [​IMG]

You don't need to own a reptile to join- make four random pages to earn the points, delete them, and congratulate the Reptile of the Day to earn the blog points.
    If you go on every day and earn the maximum amount of daily points, you'll get the thermometer in about a month!
    Cool, huh? I've got about 7,000 points on there now- if anyone looks me up, my name on there is freeloadin' crickets.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
  3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    That is a creative way to get a new thermometer. My kids have 'earned' all kinds of things from playing video games online or voting on certain game sites etc. They have got xbox controllers, video games, and all kinds of other stuff.

4. dappertophatter

dappertophatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    The Jersey Shore
    Quote:True, true. But that would require WORK, and I'm a mom- a bit old to babysit. [​IMG]\\

DD is now very mad at me for calling HER free bators MY bators. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by