OOOOOOOOH, Sonew!! I have something to tell you :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Elite Silkies, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Lets talk sister [​IMG] How's those Lavender's coming along? I know you want to talk about that, lol.

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    May I listen in?

3. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:You betcha! We have to get her talking, so she'll reach 10,000 post [​IMG]

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Whatever, I will get in there first.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    You goofball!! hahaha-the lavs are a slooow project for me. Right now all my splits are "coming of age" for egg laying. I had 1 lay eggs for a week or so then nothing in about 6 weeks. I am selling my last frizzle girl Tomorrow night which empties that adorable breeding coop-then I will put 5 of the oldest splits in there-for purity and to get ready for eggs:) Im praying they will start to lay soon so I can get a few batches of eggs in the bator before winter. remember I only have a 25% chance of getting pure lavs...so I will have to put in alot of eggs:) That or I might get real lucky and get a few to hatch out ....we'll see

6. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Goofball, yep that would be ME [​IMG]

My best guess on the 25% would be for every 10-12 chicks you'll get 2-3 pures. That's the way it's working out for me on my Coronations.

My lav's will NOT lay [​IMG] None of mine have laid well this year. I'm going to have to go show them the frying pan.

7. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

9423 posts???? Those New York people are gabby sorts, aren't they? Lol! [​IMG]

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:the ONLY reason your not right next to me and my numbers miss gabby queen! [​IMG] is that you fill your posts with good juicy info-I dont know how your posts #'s always seem to stay the same no matter how chatty you get???? DO you have a magical reverse wheel???

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I would love to get 2-3 out of 12 eggs! Im hoping that I can throw 40+ in bator at once and get 12 lavs:) wouldnt that be great!!! I better have at least 6 girls dang it-I think I just realized that of the 8 splits I kept 2 are now boys-I knew 1 was but then today I saw another fighting with the confirmed boy and I thought [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]...That smaller one was showing a few gold tiny thin feathers in its hackles-how do you get rid of them??? I will not use him for breeding now dang it

10. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Quote:I would love to get 2-3 out of 12 eggs! Im hoping that I can throw 40+ in bator at once and get 12 lavs:) wouldnt that be great!!! I better have at least 6 girls dang it-I think I just realized that of the 8 splits I kept 2 are now boys-I knew 1 was but then today I saw another fighting with the confirmed boy and I thought [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]...That smaller one was showing a few gold tiny thin feathers in its hackles-how do you get rid of them??? I will not use him for breeding now dang it

Pull 'em out. [​IMG] just kidding...but i think a picture is in order...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by