Ooopss.... darn it!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MissD'uccle, May 23, 2010.

1. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Ok ok someone PLEASE tell me i'm gonna be ok! [​IMG] I put my eggies in the bator yesterday evening and when I went to check on them this morning (around 10) the lid was cracked and the probe thermometer said 101.5! [​IMG]

I immediately adjusted it back to its 99.5 and put the lid on correctly. I'm trying to tell myself they're fine, but now I'm not sure. Grrrr.....
    It is a forced air, Brinsea pro octogon 20, humidity stayed in the ball park.

Positive (or negative, I guess I'll have to accept it eventually) reinforcement anyone?? [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    All you can do is candle at day 8 and see if you have development.

Good luck.

3. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    I bet they're fine. This early in the game they're pretty forgiving.

4. speakup4kids

speakup4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Yuba City , CA
    Ummm, 101.5 really isn't high. It's a little on the higher end for a forced air incubator but not anything I would even lose sleep over. I know people who successfully incubate at 100-101 on purpose and they have pretty high hatch rates. Not to mention it wasn't for a very long period at all. Don't worry, I'm sure your little eggies are fine. [​IMG]

Heidi

5. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Thanks all! Yes i knew it wasn't too terribly high but i also know temperature is very important [​IMG] either way i feel much better now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by