Oops. :D Hii!

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
I joined a while ago, but for some reason just found this forum for new members and the little survey thing
smile.png
So, still pretty new though compared to a lot of peeps here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Somewhat. I grew up in Alameda, CA and we had chickens when I was little, all different breeds, but mostly layers. I moved about 2.5 hours north of Sacramento, CA and got 'countrifried' meeting many good rancher friends, and I ended up getting two hatchlings from some 4-H kids at the county fair. They were Barred Rocks and both were girls, I got lucky.
big_smile.png

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have two 9 week old pullets at this time.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Joon is a Barred Rock and Munk is an Easter Egger. In about two weeks I will be getting a few SLW and another breed that I haven't QUITE decided.. Going between BO, EE, RIR.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google! And thank GOODNESS I did!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Horses, fostering and rehoming stray dogs (sometimes with ME lol), hanging out with friends. I love camping and swimming at the river! And of course Chickens. They really have become a hobby, and it's so enjoyable.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have one 3 year old Pit Bull Terrier named Tomohawk (Tommy), and an older grey and white cat named Harley (aka Chunky Man). I also have a younger kitten named Sampson (AKA Kitten One). I love animals, and usually have various foster puppies coming and going from the house. I usually keep a crate in the back of my truck in case I run across strays. I don't work at the moment, but am concentrating on school right now.

I am like a sponge right now, and will be asking many questions, reading a lot, and on the board a lot of the time lol. I am getting very into this, and enjoying everything I learn from everybody on the boards. It is kind as well! I have yet to run across outright rudeness, and I really love the fact that moderators are really sticking to their jobs and not abusing the powers. Too many forums out there like that
big_smile.png

Thanks all for making such a wonderful board! and feel free to ever PM me to talk chickens
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom