Oops!! Forgot to turn the heat on last night!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rammy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    It was a real nice day yesterday, slight breeze until the storm came, but left the front windows open since the rain came from the back of the house and leaving those windows open would of flooded my bedroom. So I shut all the windows since its going to get cool and go to bed. [​IMG] Woke up at 4am bolt upright and went, Crap!! ran and turned on the heat. [​IMG] Checked the incubator and the water wiggler said around 96 degrees. [​IMG] Im hoping I didnt kill anything. [​IMG] The temps are over 98 now. Im thinking, well, the hen will get off sometimes and go eat so Im sure the eggs cool a little bit when that happens.......................they arent due to hatch til the 23rd so I guess we will see. I may candle tonight to see if any are still moving. [​IMG]

Rammy

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    They'll probably be fine [​IMG]

3. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I think they'll be fine.

4. pruitt514

pruitt514 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2011
    Suches, Ga
    I agree they are probaly ok

5. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    I just checked the temps and its holding steady at 98.7. Im not going to tweak the heat adjustment dial because I panicked last year and almost fried them. Its done this a few times before even with the heat on or the air conditioner< temps around here cant make up thier mind> and its gone back up to 99.3 and sometimes around a 101 but its a still air so I dont worry as much as I did last year. One thing I did notice is somehow the windows were popped out of thier holders a little. Never noticed that before so I just pushed them down a little so I wouldnt damage the styrofoam.
    Im sure they will be ok also but you still never know until hatch day!! [​IMG] Thanks everyone!!

Rammy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by