Oops... I brought home two more chicks.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nicole01, May 1, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Since my Mille Fleur was straight run, I thought I wouldn't take any chances and I went and brought home two more chicks. One more straight run and a sexed pullet. Oops.

This is Daisy a Frizzle Cochin. I have no clue what color she is. Maybe a splash??? Straight run chick

[​IMG]

This is Cheeks a Easter Egger(2nd one) that will lay dark green eggs. I love her puffy cheeks. She was so cute I could not let her stay at the farm store. Luckily this is a sexed pullet. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked this little spitfire last Thursday. The kids named her Muffin. It is crazy fast. However, it will not stop chirping and driving me nuts! He/She is a Mille Fluer D'Uccle

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. crazygoatlady915

crazygoatlady915 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Idaho
    How cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want a frizzle, but I just can't find one! Muffin is so cute!! Good Luck with your new fuzzies![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Saraliza

Saraliza Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    oops!Chicken math?[​IMG]

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    How do you know they will lay dark green eggs did I miss something?

5. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:That's what it said on the sheet with the date she was hatched. [​IMG]

6. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:Oh yes, we were only going to have 2 and now I have 8.[​IMG]

7. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Okay its just I have seen EE's that lay blue, green, pink and brown. I just always figured that the feed stores and hatcheries never knew what color their EE's would lay.

8. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:She must of came from a dark green egg. I don't know. She is sooo cute. The kids named her cheeks because of her fluffy cheeks. I don't know what color my other EE will lay, they didn't have that information.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by