1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oops I did it again!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Critter Crazy, May 16, 2007.

1. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    He he he he he! I just ordered 10 more chicks today!! he he he he! This will be my very first Batch from Ideal, so I hope they arrive okay.

I Ordered:
    Golden Campine: 2 Pullets
    Silver Spangled Spitzhauben: 2 Pullets
    Buff Silkie Bantam: 3 straight run
    Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantam: 3 Straight run

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    [​IMG] So lets see...that makes just about one of every chicken breed available right? Oh wait, you missed a few. I guess that means you'll just have to make another order!! [​IMG] You're as bad as Accidental Farm [​IMG] You know what is going to happen. They are going to send you 9 "warmer birds" that you are going to fall in love with and then have to find homes for. [​IMG] Oh, isn't it a great addiction?!! [​IMG]

3. Critter Crazy

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:There is always gonna be a couple breeds you just cant get, but that wont stop me from trying![​IMG]

Find homes?? what do you mean?? he he he he he! I have 13 acres, a chicken coop, and an empty 60x40 barn! I might however have to find myself a new home, as hubby boots me out!! he he he!! [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Start working on the barn now, and by winter....you and the chickens will be very comfortable!! [​IMG] ( if hubby gives ya the boot)[​IMG]

5. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    So Critter,
    How do you get away with this? Do you just sort of tell your husband in an off handed way...[​IMG]

"My dear the strangest thing happened today. Ideal Poultry called and asked if I couldn't possibly take a few birds off their hands..... Well, yes, I do have to pay the usual charges, but they have this GREAT deal on some free males, so you see it really is a great deal. I couldn't possibly refuse...... We really do need a FEW more birds to help out with spreading manure around and bringing up the fertility of these 13 acres. As a matter of fact it will take quite a while for this very small flock of ours to do such a huge job..... Don't you suppose we should have gotten a larger order? I can call them right back!!" [​IMG]:lau

6. Critter Crazy

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:Yeah Something Like That!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by