1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oops, I forgot where I was.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eenie114, Aug 10, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I'm trying to adjust to not being in the middle of nowhere anymore, and I'm not doin' so hot. [​IMG]
    I went for a walk today and waved at a car that passed. The driver gave me this look that said, "Get a life".
    I'm just being nice! [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm used to being viewed as rude if I don't wave.... At home not waving is right up there with flipping somebody off.
    My bad...

2. a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)?

a(TM)?HoneyBeea(TM)? Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    ... I waved at a lady the other day, and she gave me the finger.

bad thing is - I'm where I've always been, and I always wave to people!

I know better now, I only wave to people I know -.-

3. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

@Eenie Where are you? 0__o

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Hey eenie [​IMG]

sorry
    Imp

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It used to be like that when I lived down the hill. Here, even though the population is over 300k (all local cities combined), if someone waves at you, you wave back. For me, I work in public transit and my face is well known to many that I have no idea who they are, so I had BETTER be polite. Before if someone honked it was to flip the bird at me, now it is wave frantically at me like they are my best friend. Dude, I have no idea who you are. [​IMG]

6. eenie114

Quote:I'm in the Seattle area right now, trying to send warm weather thoughts to Imp. [​IMG]

At home you know somebody hates you when they don't wave.... The farmer who's corn the cow ate when she got out? Yeah, he doesn't wave.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  7. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Quote:I'm in the Seattle area right now, trying to send warm weather thoughts to Imp. [​IMG]

At home you know somebody hates you when they don't wave.... The farmer who's corn the cow ate when she got out? Yeah, he doesn't wave.

Hmmm....... Sounds like an odd system to me. [​IMG] I just wave to be polite, but really the only people I wave to who I don't know are our neighbors, whom I do not like after they spread some pretty nasty rumours about my family and I.......

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I wish that you could brought some of the sunshine and warmth with you. I am freezing here during this non summer. I wish I could talk DH into going someplace that has sunshine more of the time. DH is just a darn Englishman. He loves cold and the grey around here.

As for the waving around here. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think that only nice thing that happens around here is that most of us will stop to let a pedestrian cross the street.

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:

Where's that? I thought we called pedestrians moving targets.

eenie,
    Try riding a bicycle, you'll understand why Imp got rid of his, just before [​IMG]

Imp- It won't be politer, but you could try "winking" at cars.

10. eenie114

Quote:

Where's that? I thought we called pedestrians moving targets.

eenie,
    Try riding a bicycle, you'll understand why Imp got rid of his, just before http://bestsmileys.com/dead/4.gif

Imp- It won't be politer, but you could try "winking" at cars.

[​IMG] Poor Imp, I hope it didn't leave a mark. I did try riding a bike, but I ended up getting sidetracked by the gorgeous Geo Metro parked outside JB's house. Yes, it got rear ended. But I love Geo Metros. [​IMG]

Hmm, there's an idea. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by