OOPS I turned a few eggs when I shouldn't have.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dottedquad, Aug 9, 2010.

1. dottedquad

dottedquad New Egg

Mar 28, 2009
    Hello all,
    I'm on day 19 of incubation. I turned about 4 eggs that I should have kept still since they will start to hatch in a couple more days(keeping fingers crossed). Will they still hatch?

-Thank You,
    Rich

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I wouldn't panic as soon as the others hatch they'll be kicking and rocking the eggs as they find their feet. Just leave them be and hopefully you should still get your babies [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Oh, don't worry. Everything will be just fine. Don't forget to post pics.

4. dottedquad

dottedquad New Egg

Mar 28, 2009
    Alright, that is good to know. This is about my 5th time incubating and this is the first time I did that. Once they hatch I'll have pictures :) I have about 12 turkey eggs incubating also, but they still have a ways to go. Which reminds me, I have to candle them.

-Rich

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  5. dottedquad

dottedquad New Egg

Mar 28, 2009
    Quote:Two eggs that I turned by accident yesterday are rocking with beak puncture holes on the bottom. The holes would of been at the top if I didn't turn them. Should I turn the eggs so the holes are at the top or just let them be?

-Rich

6. mrslb333

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Just let them be they'll find their way out [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    No Worries!! [​IMG] I miscounted the days and woke up one morning in June and found several Old English Bantams riding on top of the turner... they were asleep [​IMG]

8. dottedquad

dottedquad New Egg

Mar 28, 2009
    I'm assuming the best possible way to handle this is, let nature take its course. Well, I guess it's some what natural since I'm using an incubator.

-Rich

9. mrslb333

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    You should have some soon any rocking yet? [​IMG]

10. dottedquad

dottedquad New Egg

Mar 28, 2009
    Update:

8/11/2010: One of the eggs that I turned on accident died in the shell. Two more have holes on the bottom, but no movement also turned on accident. The 4th egg is still has a small hole but is VERY active, also turned this one on accident. It's going on the second day lets see if 'it' will break out of the shell.

**EDIT***
    Holly crap I spoke to soon. I walked away for 15 mins and the egg that i thought wasn't moving is just about out of it's shell.

-Rich

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by