Oops. THAT was awkward....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eenie114, Aug 22, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

My stepmom bought me some capris that are several sizes too big. I have a friend who I thought might fit them. Problem is, they would have USED to fit her, but she lost a lot of weight. I just didn't remember HOW much she had lost. I asked her if she wanted them, I thought they might fit her. [​IMG] They're 13-14s, she's an 8-10 now. DANG IT! [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

OOPS!

A couple days ago I was checking out a cashier at work. As we walked into the office I saw a small fly. I reached out and grabbed/smacked it. I casually said "pretty fast huh?" She said "You should've taken it outside and let it live." With a sinking feeling I remembered she was a Buddhist nun. [​IMG]

Imp

3. eenie114

Quote:Ooh, that's almost worse. [​IMG]
    What did you say?!

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Ooh, that's almost worse. [​IMG]
    What did you say?!

An awkward "sorry". I felt so dumb.

I have to check her out again tomorrow. We'll have to see how she reacts to me.

I just heard last week how she prefers me to check her out. Ugh!

Imp- I'll still kill flys, but maybe not in front of Gam.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:From the 'outside looking in' that's seriously funny. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'll tell my "awkward" story:

I was 16, just started as a cashier at a feed store in a smaller town. I asked this OBVIOUSLY pregnant woman how her day was going and if she found everything she needed. She was not in the mood and I was instructed to maintain a flow of conversation as it insinuates that we are friendly! I jumped to the next subject, "When are you due?" She looked at me and stated quite loudly "I'm not a woman."

Face*palm.

7. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Whenever anyone would ask me that question when I was pregnant with my daughter, I always acted incredibly offended and claimed to just be fat. I loved seeing their looks of horror. [​IMG]

8. Ann Lotten

Ann Lotten Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Grass Valley, CA
    I think I need to read this thread at least once a day, keeps the humor flowing! These are some really funny stories, thanks for sharing!!!

9. eenie114

Quote:Whenever anyone would ask me that question when I was pregnant with my daughter, I always acted incredibly offended and claimed to just be fat. I loved seeing their looks of horror. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by