1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Oozing" egg @ Day 10?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newchickenfamily, Jan 4, 2009.

1. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, I am a total hatching newbie. I have a group of 8 eggs in the 'bator that are on Day 10. I have one egg that has quite a few tiny little "ooze" spots of what looks like sap. It's the closest thing that I can describe it as. There is growth inside, lots of veining, etc... but is it a good egg? What might the oozing be a sign of, if anything?

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i think the egg is going bad

3. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

OMG I know that egg is bad......get that egg out before it explodes!!! I am serious if it is oozing it will explode soon....next couple days.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
  4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Yes... oozing is bad... it will not hatch, and if you leave it in it will likely explode, ruining the whole batch. Sorry... not the news you want to hear. [​IMG]

5. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the others. Just be really careful when you take it out so that it doesn't pop on those other eggs. [​IMG] and [​IMG]

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Did you get the egg out in time ??

7. newchickenfamily

OMG! Thank You! Egg is coming out RIGHT NOW! I had a feeling that was bad!

8. newchickenfamily

OK, it's out. Whew. Thanks guys!

9. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Thank god you got it out in time !! What a STINKY mess that would of been !!!!

10. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    ...and if you have a morbid desire to open it to see what happened....DO IT OUTSIDE!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by